Create a React app with MongoDB and Firebase authentication hosted on Google Cloud Platform
In this course you will build a review app using React and Tailwind CSS. It will have rating and commenting features. You will connect to a MongoDB instance, use Firebase Authentication and host your app on AppEngine on the Google Cloud Platform (hosting options requires billing to be enabled).
Table of Contents01 - Create a new React web application02 - Route to different pages in the application03 - Create the backend with ExpressJS04 - Implement a real database using MongoDB05 - Connect the frontend to the backend06 - Prettify your web application with Tailwind CSS07 - Configure environment variables for your application08 - Firebase authentication09 - Deployment
At the end of this course you would have created a web application that can list things, in this case companies. Authenticated users can rate these companies by clicking on stars and they can comment on them.
Feel free to practice by adding features or changing existing features to and in this project.
- Be able to create a simple and pretty full-stack production web application with React and Tailwind CSS.
- Know how to connect to a local and remote instance of MongoDB.
- Know how to register and sign in users using Firebase Authentication.
- Know how to host the web application on AppEngine on Google Cloud Platform (hosting options requires billing to be enabled).
👌 Follow along
You will create this project from scratch with me. You may access or reference the official course repository at any time.
Note: I try to delivery quality material but being human falls through the cracks so feel free to make amendments to the course by either commenting in the comments on each page to notify me of any issues you pick up or simply create a Pull Request on GitHub.
- Repository - GitHub
- Pull Request - This website on GitHub